Friday, February 27, 2009

oh dear

Oh dear. I seem to have bought some more fabric - for no particular reason you understand, just because. I know I'm not alone with this bad habit of mine. Do you need a fix? Feast your eyes on this:
Oh dear. I went to the Doctor today and as I suspected, my throat infection is back again with a vengeance. The doctor felt my throat and exclaimed 'ooh swollen!'. Yes swollen indeed. When she looked in my mouth she exclaimed again 'red raw and I can see some ulcers too'. Tell me about it, I thought, but of course I was too polite to say this, she was a nice doctor after all. So I have a course of antibiotics, and a very sore and swollen throat. It hurts to swallow and to eat. Chocolate is especially painful, this is a terrible disaster. I hope these antibiotics take effect quickly.

11 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Oooooh! Pretty fabric!!!!! But Owwwwwwwwwwww! Sore throat! Not so good :o( Hope it gets better soon.

Lucy x

Kitty said...

Awww, you poor thing :-( Hope it gets better very soon.

That fabric is postively delicious. x

Mrs Moog said...

Oh no, you poor thing! Not sure which is worse, the very painful throat or the inability to eat chocolate!!

Those gorgeous fabrics are bound to make you feel better. Where fabric is concerned, you don't need a reason to buy it!

Hope you feel better very soon.

xxx

Emma Loves Stitching said...

Well, I'm not surprised you've had to go out and purchase some nice fabrics to compensate for a sore throat, they're lovely particularly like the greens.

Hopefully you'll be up for eating chocolate tomorrow once the antibiotics kick in!!

Emma x

Emma Loves Stitching said...

Hi Monda,
Having looked a few blogs they mention about swaps? Do you know of anyone/blog doing this at the mo-obviously would prefer fabric/embellishment swaps.

thanks
Emma x

Gina said...

Ouch! Get well soon.
x

Kyoko said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. I get sore throat and throat infections very easily and I totally understand how painful it is. I hope the antibiotics works quickly.
The fabrics are gorgeous. I am looking forward to see what you make out from them! :D
Get well soon. ;)

Anonymous said...

Lovely fabrics! The top ones are my faves.

I hope you are feeling better soon. Sore throats are the worst!

silverpebble said...

Hope that gorgeous array of fabrics is helping to sooth your poorliness and make you smile - lovely choices! Emma x

angharad handmade said...

Hope you're feeling better! The fabrics are beautiful - I have those same floral prints from the top shot on my fabric wish list.

frutejuce said...

Really delicious fabrics, I need some! Hope you get better soon, I have just got my voice back after 4 days of whispering, now the pain has gone the world seems a better place.