Friday, February 20, 2009

swap goodness

Thanks for all the nice comments on my last post - the doll is indeed Vicky the Viking. Vicky is apparently a boy - although with a girls name and a dress. This confused me massively as a child. Maybe is was just preparation for the real world :o)

I have received two lots of swap goodness in the last week, both from swaps organised by Katy. First is from Hoola Tallulah for the Russian doll swap from last year. This didn't take 8 months to get here, although you would be forgiven for thinking the post could be that bad - Tallulah was due to have her baby around the time of the swap so this package was somewhat delayed, but well worth the wait - look at all that beadwork, so pretty. The package also contained chocolate (mmm) and some great vintage print fabric pieces.

My second swap package was from Shari of sew make time! This was part of Katy's fat quarter swap. Shari sent me 3 fq's in bright vintage prints and some trim. I don't own many yellow fabrics so this was really a good addition to my stash - a perfect stash swapage indeed :o)
so that's the eye candy over, now check out this ear candy (can you say that, it sounds weird doesn't it). This is used on a TV ad for washing liquid in the UK and it's a lovely tune:
Lisa Mitchell - Neopolitan Dreams

6 comments:

Kitty said...

Gosh, the detail on that russian doll is wonderful! And as for the fabric ... darn it, had me drooling! x

Mrs Moog said...

Ooh gorgeous swappyness. The Russian Doll is beautiful - I love all the beading. Gorgeous fabrics too!

xxx

silverpebble said...

Oh I love that tune too! I looked her up only the other day.

Delicious swappiness there Monda - yummy for the eyes. Emma x

Emma Loves Stitching said...

I love the russian doll-is there anyway of getting one-does she sell more??
Would be very interested to know!

Renee said...

I like that song too - it has been used in ads and a TV show here. She was a contestant on Australian Idol last year

Anonymous said...

Love the dolly, well worth waiting for!!