Thursday, February 19, 2009

such a headache!

Here is the doll that has caused me such a headache these last few days. I've never made a doll before. I didn't use a pattern and it was very much a case of trial and error - quite a few errors in fact! The thing I found most difficult was making the doll look like the character it is supposed to look like. I'm worried that it looks a bit like a character from Coraline. In itself this would not be a problem (I'm itching to see this film) but it wasn't quite the look I was going for :o)
Anyone want to make a stab at the name of this character? at least this way I'll know if it does actually look like the character!

8 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Oh what an adorable doll!!! I can't guess the name (but probably because I don't remember the programme - not because it doesn't look right!!!)


Really fantastic!!!

Lucy x

jojoebi-designs said...

Surely it is Vicky, Hey Hey Vicky the Viking!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMQcy8cTJoA

brilliant!

Jodie said...

Oh she is sooo cute and it is so funny. I was working on a tiny viking hat today as well....but it is not as nice as yours I have to say....

Emma Loves Stitching said...

How cute-vicky the viking rings a bell?
I'm sure the person will be really pleased with the end result it looks great!!

PICCALILY & BLOSSOM said...

Have faith in your work. I thought Vicky T Viking straight away. CUTE !!
Well done you.

Kitty said...

She's either Vicky the Viking or an imposter! And she's lovely. x

silverpebble said...

At first I thought noggin the nog, butthen I remembered Vicky!

Mrs Moog said...

She's fantastic - and well worth the headache!!

xxx