Wednesday, July 23, 2008

what do you do when...

What do you do when someone asks you to make a card with a classic car on it?
Well it's not really my thing I have to say, so I tried to make it like my kind of thing, and I'm fairly happy with the result. This card is to celebrate 25 years with the company I work for, but for the sake of a not completely exposing myself to all and sundry on here (and I'll explain why in a moment) I've blurred out the company nameI used some of my new (old) stamps on the card. A recent purchase from the days when things cost half a pence, and pence were expressed as 'd' - Some time before decimalisation, which Google has reliably informed me was 1971. These were used by a shop I assume.The reason I am a bit apprehensive about showing where I work (although I know some of my regular readers already know this), is because I'm paranoid about having my personal details stolen. Just this week, someone hacked into my paypal account and made 3 payments to themselves totalling $2000! I was quite stunned by this and I have no idea how someone could have found out my paypal password in order to do this. As a result of this, email addresses and passwords have all been changed, but I remain wary.

9 comments:

Kitty said...

Those stamps are fantastic! What a brilliant idea to use them for cards (and I LOVE the card you made).

I don't blame you for being a little 'vague' about the details of your life - I think it's very sensible. After all, one doesn't know *who* might be reading, does one? And whilst most bloggers seem lovely, who know about the lurkers?

Take care. x

PS: How's Stevie? x

Unknown said...

I love your stamps - shame there isn't one 'per monster'...

You should be as vague as possible with your details. Sometimes I can't believe how personal some bloggers posts are. Although, saying that there are some very dedicated crooks out there!

Unknown said...

Sorry, just noticed my blog name is wrong!?!?

Gem said...

That's terrible about your paypal account. Some people are so horrible. Hope everything gets sorted out quickly :) x

silverpebble said...

Ooh that card is great - classic cars aren't my bag either but I love the design and the use of lettering. I now see why you like typesets! Mine only cost £1 for two boxes full! I don't think the sellers knew about the growing market and I certainly didn't!

Hope Stevie is OK

Mrs Moog said...

Those stamps are fab and I love the card!

How awful to have your paypal details stolen - I always hope paypal is reliable but there are some very unscrupulous folk out there.

xxxx

rachelmp said...

Your card looks fantastic. Those stamos are worth heaps in Australia! I'm sorry about your paypal... I'm going to keep on top of changing my passwords. Frightening

hens teeth said...

Gorgeous stamps.
My daughter has just started to work with a very large company on tele sales/fraud. The stories she tells me are pretty horrifying. So sorry you have had this problem.

Locket Pocket said...

Love your stamps and the card is great - especially as it's "not your thing" - it's always so hard to do something that doesn't come naturally.

So sorry to hear about the paypal business :(