Sunday, July 20, 2008

swapsies

It seems like ages ago that I signed up to do the Russian doll swap over on I'm a ginger monkey.
I think I have to hold my hands up this time to not being the best swap buddy to my partner Tallulah (sick cats mainly blamed for my lack of making time) and I was massively relieved when she emailed to apologise that her swap would be late, because then I didn't have to feel so bad about being late too - so we had a mutual 'lets be late with our swaps' agreement. I am pleased to say however that I have now beavered away and made my first ever Russian doll, and secretly I am a bit pleased with it. I've never made one before, didn't check out any others on flickr first (honestly), I just drew a picture and away I went.

I'll post pics of the little lady once she has been received, but for now, some little peeks:I forgot to mention, on the Stevie front that all went OK at the RVC on Friday. Her bloods are only just outside of the normal range now, and her pelvis is healing well, although another week in the cage is advised and we've really had to follow this advice, to make sure she does recover from her pelvis injury. Her kidneys are still enlarged and the ultrasound didn't show much difference, so we have to go back again in 3 weeks for another check up and more tests. She's becoming a bit of caged beast though - she hates the cage and she's trashing it on a daily basis out of sheer boredom and frustration - she empties the entire contents of the (thankfully clean) litter tray into her bed, and pulls up her blankets and knocks over her food dish. Like a mini rock star really! Still I guess this all shows improvement, which is good news :o)

8 comments:

Kitty said...

I've no doubt whatsoever that that Russian Doll will be wonderful. Your stuff always is.

So pleased to hear Stevie did well on Friday - even my daughter asked if you'd posted how your cat was! I guess if she's strong enough to trash her cage, it shows how much better she is. Hopefully, she'll be out of there pretty soon.

Take care. x

Gina said...

Looking forward to seeing the russian doll which I'm sure will be fabulous. Good news about Stevie.

trash said...

Glad to hear Stevie is better and your russian doll looks luvverly.

silverpebble said...

Wonderful news about Stevie - sorry not to have commented last week - bit busy with the smalls. So glad things are looking so much better.

The Russian doll looks wonderful - can't wait to see all of her!

Unknown said...

So pleased Stevie is doing better, she must be a strong cat.
Can't wait to see a full pick of the russian doll, I love the blue theme!

Unknown said...

poor Stevie, it's not nice being cooped up in a cage (not that I know, actually, I have never been caged before, but I am presuming....)
I wanna see the doll!!!!!!!!

Mrs Moog said...

I love the sneaky peaks of your russian doll - fab colours!
I'm so glad to hear Stevie is feeling well enough to play up :)

xxx

Locket Pocket said...

Great news about Stevie - and I can't wait to see your Russian doll! As for those papers in your previous post - they are truly gorgeous! Lucy x