Tuesday, July 08, 2008

eBay love

I'm going through a phase at the moment - it's called the 'totally addicted to eBay' phase. I fall in an out with eBay and at the moment I'm definitely in. Is there anything you cannot buy on eBay?
This is one of my latest purchases:I bought a small amount of leather when I was in Denmark with the intention of using it in brooches. Whilst I was making brooches at the weekend I used the some leather and really like the effect - although I have to say it wasn't the easiest thing to sew, by machine or hand. You must be able to get a leather foot for machine sewing (anyone?). This little lot is destined for brooches - and maybe the odd monster will get a bit of leather treatment too.

I also wanted to share a couple of other things. First up, these two ceramic pen pots :I purchased these at the Reveal show at the weekend. They were made by Lauren Denney who organised Reveal. I love that she uses buttons in her work, and I couldn't resist these two pots.

Also, I was very lucky to be randomly picked for a freebie from Emma of silverpebble recently.
I was chuffed to bits to be the freebie winner, but even more chuffed when I received this gorgeous charm bracelet:This is just the kind of thing I would have picked for myself. What I find more amazing is that Emma managed to make this just after having her second baby. Amazing!
Pop over and check out her website and blog - you won't be disappointed I promise.

10 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Lovely goodies Mrs Monda! And that bracelet from Emma is absolutely gorgeous! Love the little birdie! Lucy x

Kitty said...

Emma Pebble makes such lovely things doesn't she?

That leather looks interesting: I wonder whether a 'jeans' needle would work well on leather too? They're pretty strong, aren't they?

x

Stitchbird said...

Hi you can buy leather needles which work very well. Good luck

Gina said...

Love those pots and that bracelet is stunning - especially the little bird.

paper-and-string said...

hi :-)
you need a leather needle and a silicone foot (they are white) and are like a non-stick version of a sewing foot! if you sew a lot of leather you may need a can of silicone spray to help it glide through the machine. (spray the teeth and foot area liberally) xxx

Unknown said...

I love that bracelet, so pretty, you're a lucky girl!

picciolo said...

hi, thanks for your migraine tip, I will get some of those cool and soothe strips and be ready if/when another one strikes. Reveal looks good, your stall looks great, I hope the week is going well for you. And I hope Stevie is getting better too
: )

syko kajsa said...

That bracelet is truly beautiful! I love the little birdy! Lucky girl!

Mrs Moog said...

Re: the leather thing - I bought some leather needles last week for my machine - I scored a huge piece of cream leather form the scrapstore!!

Your bracelet is gorgeous amd I'm so in awe of anyone who can make anything with a newborn baby to cope with!! I love Emma's work :)

xxxx

Anonymous said...

I have a lovely friend who makes gorgeous leather bags and purses, she recently gave me advice on sewing with leather, you could convo her through etsy... her shop is called peppermint twist.
Good luck with it!