Thursday, February 14, 2008

happy valentines day

the thing that I don't like about valentines day is that it is so commercial. I couldn't think of anything worse than going to a restaurant full of couples staring at the other half of a couple opposite them.
Buying handmade/making presents for valentines is perfectly acceptable, and indeed I did get a couple of handmade gifts for Mr Monda, and Mr Monda got me nice flowers yesterday as a 'it's not a valentines' gift
In a valentines day protest I'm staying in tonight and making a broccoli and cauliflower cheese, with bacon and tomatoes. Tasty good.this pic is a sneak peek at my valentines swap
and these flowers are for anyone who didn't get some today

For my birthday, Mr Monda bought me a print gocco. It arrived yesterday and I'm itching to get my hands on it, but I'm being good and waiting until next week when I actually have some time to commit to doing it properly.

a short while ago, I found Abigail Brown's website. She makes some lovely stuff, like this little rabbit:Go and have a look at her cool website, and her etsy shop.

and also, once again, just a quick thanks to all the peeps who have left comments for me recently. It is so nice to hear from all of you :o)
The sick child from my last post belongs to my sister. My sis and her hubby were in the hospital with him whilst I looked after my other nephew. He is doing much better now - thanks for all your well wishes.

4 comments:

Kitty said...

I qualify for those flowers - lovely, thank you.

So glad your nephew is on the mend. :-) x

Unknown said...

I didn't get flowers (I get grumpy if I do on Valentines - over priced and all that!!!). I did get a present, and got the other half a card and we went out (with the smallest Monkey) for lunch....but had cheese on toast for tea (and it was mighty fine!)

Glad to hear the poorly child is mended - poorly children get me all flustered and upset!

Oooooh, that's a cute bunny...I'm off to nose about the shop....

Joanne said...

Glad to hear your nephew is better :)

I'm only very slightly (ie a lot) envious of your gocco. Can't wait to see what you make with it.

Locket Pocket said...

I didn't get flowers either - but like Katy it was mostly because I was feeling grumpy about the whole commercial side of it and told Mr Locket that I wanted him to buy me flowers one day "just because" not on Valentine's Day because he felt he should! Well, I'll watch this space and see if any turn up! Lucy x