Thursday, April 07, 2011

the most lovely things all in one place

On Saturday, we went into London to the North London Vintage Market and the Selvedge Spring Fair.
It was a really nice day weather wise - short sleeves were worn outside for the first time this year.
Both events were relatively close to each other (ish) so we decided to walk instead of using public transport. I've never been to this part of London before. Instead of taking the main roads, we walked through Queens wood from highgate tube station to find the North London Vintage market. You would never imagine you were in London, we couldn't hear any traffic at all - just birds cheeping and chirping.

I could have bought all manner of vintage goodness from the market - it was small, but it was full of stalls selling china, books, clothes, homewares, haberdashery and more.
I purchased a small piece if bark cloth and plan to use it to cover an old lampshade:

The selvedge fair was about a 35 minute walk from the vintage market, and again we took the scenic route avoiding main roads.
I honestly could have purchased something from every one of the tables here - such a well selected group of crafts people were selling their wares.
I had a nice chin wag to my (until now) blog friend Emma - go to her blog, she took more pictures:
pic via Emma Lamb
pic via Emma Lamb
I also chatted to some other stall holders - Catherine Hammerton was especially lovely, as were her wares:

and I totally loved the quirky illustrations and prints by Charlotte Farmer. I purchased one of her cards:

nice paper bag advertising too

After the fair, I bobbed into the Selvedge shop just around the corner, which was also full of loveliness. They had a great Julie Arkell window display:
A lovely day indeed.

No comments: