Wednesday, April 13, 2011

funky peacock

I probably draw everyday. Sometimes just doodles of ideas or maybe something quite specific. I struggle with drawing animals and characters generally (oh, and people too) and so when I want to draw something specific I'll use a few pages in my sketchbook drawing versions of the same thing.
Yesterday, although I'm not really sure why, I drew a peacock. I don't remember seeing one on anything so I'm not entirely sure what influenced this, but sometimes you just have to go with the flow. This one pretty much turned out how I saw it in my head so only required a couple of sketches:

I kind of like the random use of colour. I had no palette in mind so just picked colours straight from the swatch palette. I think they all look quite funky:

2 comments:

Hoola Tallulah said...

O.M.G - this is by far my favourite to date, the colours oh the colours and the adorable peacock, it looks so good I had to restrain myself from licking the monitor!

Stitchbird said...

I'm in love with these peacocks - they are gorgeous. I think Paperchase or one of the fabric houses would love these - super cool!!