Thursday, April 14, 2011

design seeds

I make a lot of my own colour palettes for my design work from photographs. It's fun, and truly helpful when it comes to picking good colours that work well together.
Imagine my utter delight when I came upon a website called design seeds yesterday. It's a colour palette extravaganza:





All above pics are from the design seeds website. Click here to see more.

Inspired to make my own colour palette, I borrowed a picture from Tallulah and applied it to a design I was working on:

I've used all 5 colours here:

My initial colour palette was just 3:

4 comments:

Hoola Tallulah said...

Ahhh so lovely that you used my photo for your colour palette, glad it could be of service. Drooling over your designs as always, now off to take a peek at Design Seed (even though I should be working, ahem).

Gina said...

Wow! That really works. Your design with five colours sings.

Jon Larie said...

Awesome! Great color inspiration! It also inspires me to take some pictures and see what I can come up with. You rock!

Cathy Rodgers said...

This is AWESOME. Can't wait to check out Design Seeds.

Cathy Rodgers