Saturday, October 04, 2008

multi-tasking

Today I have been multi-tasking. I have way too much going on in my head - and the best way for me to cope with this is obviously to do a little bit of everything all at the same time.

Here are a couple of jumper monsters which I have made for a commission (pre stuffing) - they are already on their way to their new home The spotty monster was commissioned as a baby gift for a friend - I'm not sure whether it is for the parents or the baby - but had to make sure it was baby friendly - so no buttons and nothing that can be chewed off. I was asked for an Indian theme as the baby was made in India! I decided to go for colours that reminded me of Indian spices - and a tag on the reverse - just so there is no confusionI've also been drawing up some Christmas card designs for gocco-ing and have drawn up a few Christmas themed hanging accessory designs tooThe first of which has already been made into this treeI have also been thinking about my upcoming fairs, and how I might display my items for sale. This 'tree' was purchased this week. It even revolves - how swanky!I'm now preparing a load of hanging Christmas tree accessories for hand sewing this evening whilst watching 'strictly' - oh yes - it is that time of year again. I love watching this - it makes me get goosebumps when someone has danced a really good dance. In another life, I like to think that I might have been a dancer.

9 comments:

Kitty said...

Fabulous little monsters - how gorgeous is that 'Made in India' badge? The Christmas tree is really lovely - that might be something I could get the kids interested in trying for our tree - only less pretty, obviously!

Enjoy Strictly - it's the chaps again tonight isn't it?

x

Anonymous said...

love the chrimbo decorations and the card design. x

Jodie said...

Love the long legged birdies and I think your tree display is great. Display can be hard at those things.

Lina said...

OOh, I love the spotty monster, isn't he just so cute?!!

Gina said...

I love those monsters... so cute. The revolving tree thingy is a great idea.

Unknown said...

Love the colours of the spotty monster, they're both so cute! Your christmas decorations are lovely too.

Anja said...

Everything you made is SOOOO CUTE!!!!

'fancypicnic' said...

Hello!
Just popped over here from Viv's (hensteeth) blog - and I'm so glad I did! I've had a great few minutes reading...love your commissions - and had to laugh over the sofa!! Funny how things turn out like that, isn't it? One job leads to another..to another...

Gillian R said...

The monsters are great! And I'm also planning on making some felt xmas decorations this year. The Made in India tag really made me giggle. :)