Friday, June 20, 2008

can only a mother (or maker) love this face?

I'm having such fun with these faces - these are a couple of the latest ones:When I'm in 'making for a show' mode, there is lots of the same kind of making going on, but I find I can turn things around fairly quickly and I'm quite focused - I actually have an excel spreadsheet task list on the go - with targets and everything. The day job is clearly getting to me.
The problem with this is that my blogging pics are very similar. Next week is 'brooches week' in the schedule and I'll be making a few more rosette style brooches so I'm looking forward for this.

Tomorrow I have more monsters to make, and on Sunday I'm off to legoland with my sister and her family for my nephews birthday.

If you happen to be in London on Sunday, check out the 'we make- London' craft fair
Date: Sunday 22June 2008
Time: 11.00am – 17.00pm
Where: Dragon Hall, 17 Stukeley Street London, WC2B 5LT

9 comments:

Jodie said...

Love that first face - he is hysterical.

Mrs Moog said...

Your new monsters are great and I love the photo on your last post of them all together!
You must have some great charity shops near you to be finding all those jumpers to felt. It seems to be 100% acrylic round here or nothing!!
Brooch week sounds fab - can't wait to see them!

xxx

Kitty said...

I love the funny faces - they're fab.

Hope you have a wonderful time at Legoland - look forward to reading all about it! x

Anonymous said...

I love that first face too, he's gorgeous. x

paper-and-string said...

ah-hah! another anal crafter is unearthed!! ;-)
I am very VERY impressed that your list making has worked up to the level of Excel Spreadsheet :-)
And it's obviously working well because you've made LOADS and the monsters are all fab...lovely lovely faces.
xxx

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

They look great, and that first face is wonderful!

Lucykate Crafts... said...

just seen this, and am now trying to work out how i can get down to london!, my other half is going down tomorrow with some of his students work in a van, but i'm not sure he can squeeze me and the kids in!

Gina said...

Both are brilliant faces - the first very goofy and funny and the second is just very cute! Have fun at legoland!

Locket Pocket said...

It's amazing how a few stitches can completely change and expression and character! Love your monsters and I'm very impressed with your spreadsheet approach to crafting! Lucy x