Monday, September 12, 2011

printed softies

Firstly, thanks to those who commented on my last post about whether owls were a bit overdone. It seems that they are still popular and have longevity. I'm glad about this because today I've been happily sewing up some new softies:


These are a bit different for me as I'm normally a big lover of felted wool when it comes to my softies but I just had to have a go at a printed version too. These are printed onto a linen cotton canvas (from spoonflower) which is just lovely. I've backed these two in a cross hatch design - in pinky red and grey, which has also printed really nicely:

I usually stuff my softies with wool stuffing but these ones seem to be better with polyester, so now I'm on the look out for a polyester stuffing that doesn't go lumpy when you stuff it into things. Any ideas where I can find such a thing?

2 comments:

Tallulah said...

Oh wow, these are adorable, love the colours too. I hear you on the stuffing, I find most stuffings work better if you stuff it in a little bit at a time but you probably already knew that! So much goodness coming out of your craft room Miss Monda <3

Emma Thomsen said...

Your cat is utterly adorable, I love his belly button!