Friday, May 27, 2011

lavender village

I've been doing a bit of sewing this week - a few new bits and bobs for my upcoming fairs.
Yesterday, I made a little village of lavender bag houses:

I bought some lavender a few weeks back and it's been smelling lovely in my work room ever since. I sewed up some little bags (they almost looked like teabags) full of lavender which I then inserted into the houses along with some stuffing. The materials I have used are a combination of new are recycled fabrics - some old pillowcases, one of my husbands old shirts (I have many of these in my stash waiting to be cut up) and an old duvet cover along with some of my vintage and recycled buttons from my stash.
Today I'm packing up my wares for the Henley Arts Trail. Come along and say hello if you're in the area. I'll be at venue 12 in Wargrave (see link above for details).

No comments: