Sunday, February 07, 2010

vintage treasures

I've collected a few more vintage treasures recently - all of which I bought with a (sort of) purpose. I'm finding myself really drawn to and fascinated by anything that has a bit of history - old postage stamps, knitting/sewing patterns, postcards, doilies...
These postcards were sent in 1928 and 1931, to Dear Little Bobbo - I wonder who Bobbo was?
I was really drawn to the illustrations. The illustrator of both postcards was Mabel Lucie Attwell - you can read more about her here

I'm pleased we've moved out of January into February. I'm feeling a little more inspired with my creative work but not finding an awful lot of time for it. My thoughts are quite occupied with ideas for the BIG day, which is still a year away yet! I've started another blog where I can scrapbook ideas and thoughts.

4 comments:

Gina said...

The bit of vintage lace/crochet is gorgeous! I love the idea of a wedding blog Monda... what fun!

Kitty said...

That vintage crochet is wonderful, and I'm with you on the old postcards - so fascinating to read (and what lovely writing). x

Sandra Rönningen said...

Love the baby that looks in a mirror =) Like your blog anyway! =)

m3 real card said...

So adorable!! Beautiful knitting work. I like the second one. So cute! Great creativity.