Monday, February 15, 2010

Orgasmic rice pudding

This is kind of my own recipe, for the best ever rice pudding. I say kind of, because it is a mash-up of a couple of recipes, and of course the name is my own, and I didn't misspell organic :o)

4oz pudding rice
½ pint double cream
1 ½ pints of milk
2oz sugar
1tsp vanilla essence
½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
1oz butter


Put all the ingredients (except the butter) in the pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 mins then take off the heat.
Pour into an oven proof dish, that holds 2.5 pints
Tear butter into knobs and place all over the top of the pudding. Put in the oven for 30-45 mins – stir after 25. It’s ready when it has a light brown colour on top.
Leave to stand for 5 mins before serving. It should be quite thick, with little running liquid left.

Serves 4

3 comments:

Gina said...

Oh yum! No one else in my house likes rice pudding so I would have to eat it all!

m3 real card said...

Looks appealingly delicious. This recipe is easy to make! I will make it soon.

Locket Pocket said...

I'm going to make this tonight for me and Mr Locket! Silly little Lockets apparently don't like rice pudding!