Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Jme

Do you actually like trawling through the January (December) sale racks in the shops?, No me neither. As a young whipper snapper, I LOVED to go and grab a bargain but these days I just can't be bothered with it - it's too much like hard work and frankly other things are more important.
Just before Christmas I discovered the new online Jamie Oliver shop Jme. Wow - this totally appeals to me. I didn't buy anything at the time, but just oggled at all the lovely homewares/kitchen items I'd like to have in my dream house. The branding is very nice too, very craft/graphic/homemade style.At the weekend I accidentally stumbled upon the Jme shop again, and luckily they are having a sale. This is the kind of sale shopping I do like - shopping from the comfort of my sofa! I placed an order on Sunday and it arrived today - well packaged, and the quality of everything I bought was outstanding. I really cannot recommend it highly enough.I bought some Christmas cards, tags, tissue paper, cooks and gardeners crackers and a tea towel - I went mad and of course will be squireling away most of this for next Christmas! The calendar is lovely - printed on really high quality card stock, and is really nice to look at too (it's just £5).
They've added some more items to the sale pages since I shopped so it's definitely worth taking a look. There is also free postage if you spend over £35.

The best thing of the day: seeing a few snowflakes falling, and knowing there is more on the way.
The worst thing of the day: finding out the fridge door had been left open all day when I got home from work tonight, and smelling the stinky (but tasty, but stinky) Camembert that has been lurking in the fridge.

7 comments:

Kirsti said...

the jelly mould candle smells divine!!!!....x

picciolo said...

thanks for the tip off, I looked at this shop before christmas too but the sale sounds great! You got some lovely things
: )

kelly said...

i also find the trawling round the shop sales so less appealing these days - hurrah for the internet!

Kyoko said...

Hello Monda!
Wow, I like the shop. I didn't even realise that he had loads of other non-cooking related items. Loving the jelly mould candle, what a great idea.
Hope all your food in the fridge was OK. ;)
x
Kyoko

About said...

wow thanks for the tip! Love the look of the crackers! I'm heading there for some bargains now! :D

angharad handmade said...

Happy New Year! And thanks for the sale link - I love the jelly mould candles in particular, and they have some really unusual gifty things I haven't seen elswhere.

Hope you had a good Christmas, and that you're enjoying snowy Burnham like us!

The Curious Cat said...

Gosh, Jamie really is branching out - what an empire he is creating! Lovely items though! I like his style! xxx