Sunday, January 17, 2010

and the bleugh goes on...

Not the most upbeat post from me today I'm sad to say. I have a really stinky cold - my nose is red and sore, I'm coughing and sneezing, my nose is bunged up so I can only breath through my mouth, and the worst, worst, worst thing is that I cannot taste anything. I do question the point of eating if you can't taste anything - it's just no fun.
I realise that I need my vitamins a plenty at the moment however, so today I made a fruit smoothie containing almost every piece of fruit I could find in the house, and I've made a big pan and vegetable soup for tea tonight - to feed the cold, as they say.
I haven't been feeling terribly creative at all this weekend - I've just put a few ideas into the mental sketchbook.
Something I have been picking up and putting down sporadically is a little bit of hooking - a pressie for my mum's birthday in February:On the topic of hooking, if I was to make a new years resolution (which I'm not by the way) then I'm quite determined to increase my hooking skills this year - I want to make a ripple blanket, and maybe have a go at amigurumi too - not least to make use of the really cool book I got from my sister for Christmas:

8 comments:

Jodie said...

Oh, a whole book of robots - that must be cheering! Hope your bleughs leave really soon.

picciolo said...

I hope you are feeling better today. - that little robot is really cute!
: )

Mrs Moog said...

Sorry you've got the bleurghs :(

Crochet is a tried and tested cure for many ills, so if I were you I'd start rippling as soon as possible. If you do, just make sure you buy lots and lots of yarn - and then double it - twice.
Rippling is the best but also most hungry form of crochet!

Maybe a robot or two would be a good interim cure. What a fab book! I can imagine non-crafters the world over thinking 'a book about robots - crocheted robots - robots made of crochet - uh?'

Can't wait to see your crocheted robot army and get well soon :)

xxx

Locket Pocket said...

Oh Monda! I hope the bleughs bleep off soon! Hopefully that crobot book will do the trick - I bought a book by the same author, for Dot for Christmas, called Felties - it's fab!

Lucy x

Jo said...

I hope you feel better soon! Love the colours of your crochet - I'm looking forward to seeing what it's going to be!

Hoola Tallulah said...

Hope you're feeling better soon Ms Monda, thanks for dropping by my blog <3

Woo Gilchrist said...

Hey - hope your cold gets better soon. Just catching up on your blog. Are you going to have any more iPod cosies with the birds on? They are super cute - I love the stripy one.

Woo

The Curious Cat said...

ah I'm feeling your pain right now...just been struck down...reading blogs in bed now... :( xxx