Today I also had my 6 weekly laser zapping session. PCOS causes a hormone imbalance - increased testosterone and this results in excess hair growth. Some people can deal with this but it really depresses me, so I opted to pay for laser treatment to reduce and elimate the hair.
The lovely lady who does the treatment whacked up the intensity of the laser beam today, and I definitely knew about it. It's only a momentary burning sensation but I was just on the right side of yelping out loud, whilst tyring to have a conversation with her about the recession. The things us ladies have to go through just to look and feel normal.
As a couple of people have requested it, here is my recipe for Green Tomato Chutney:
1kg green tomatoes
2 medium sized apples
500g soft brown sugar
500ml malt vinegar
2cm root ginger
300g onions or shallots (I used white onions)
1 tsp salt
1 tablespoon of mustard seeds (I used the white ones, not sure what it would be like if you used the black ones)
- Wash and chop the tomatoes into small pieces. 1kg is a lot of tomatoes, so I gave mine a quick blast in the food processor
- Peel the ginger, and bash it with a rolling pin - but don't break it up
- Peel apples, and chop onions to roughly similar size to tomatoes - again, I blasted mine in the food processor
- Put all the ingredients in a deep cooking pot or jam pan, stir with a wooden spoon and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Once boiling, turn down heat and simmer for at least an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare glass jars by washing, drying and then heating in a 200 degree oven for approx 20 mins
- The chutney is done when it has a jam like consistency. Depending how liquid it is, you may need to cook it for up to another 30 minutes
- Before decanting into Jars remove the ginger. Decant chutney into the warm glass jars and cover each jar with a disc of greaseproof of wax paper whilst still hot
- Leave for at least a week before eating. 3-4 weeks is best :o)