Monday, October 31, 2011

buttons

Last week I made some button brooches for a hen party. A little something (non cheesy) to tie us all together. The colour scheme for the wedding is mustard and grey (with a bit of teal here and there), so I raided the yellow and grey button jars and spent a good few hours arranging and rearranging until I found something I liked. Being the self critical perfectionist that I am, I wasn't really loving these whilst I was making them (that could have something to do with the fact that I was feeling crubbish though), but they seemed to go down well with all the hens this weekend:

I do love the colours together. 
Happily, I'm feeling so much better this week and ready to get cracking with that never ending to do list. The first thing on the list is getting my little shop stocked and ready to roll.

4 comments:

Gina said...

I'm admiring your wonderful collection of buttons.

Hoola Tallulah said...

mustard and grey with teal, what a most awesome combination, and your button brooches are super cute! Glad you're feeling better :)

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful! You clearly have a fabulous button collection!

Littletree Designs // Rebecca said...

So cute! And fab colour scheme, these are such a nice idea for a hen do, im not a big fan of all that tack that goes with hen dos!x