All the wire twisting and sore fingers seems more than worth it now, as my button bouquets are now finished and I'm so pleased with them. The shapes of them actually remind me of broccoli and cauliflower:
I have made three in total. The ones for my bridesmaids are slightly smaller than my own one. I thought they might end up being quite heavy but they're not actually.
My bouquet being slightly bigger and containing more buttons is a bit weighty. I won't being throwing it at the wedding though - aside from wanting it for a keepsake, I'd be likely to take someone out with it if I did throw it!
Only 5 days to go now. Still lots to do though...