Tuesday, December 15, 2009

sneaking up on us

Every year I promise myself to to be more organised at Christmas time, and every year I feel like I'm so behind with things. This feeling is probably not helped by the horrible lurgy I had last week - a full on cold with headache, sore and aching body, sneezing, tickly cough, chesty cough, blocked nose, running nose and plenty of mucus. nice. It really wiped me out for a good week but I'm back on the way up now thankfully.

My Handmade Christmas flickr group is filling up very nicely. I've picked out a few of my faves to share with you. If you've made some Christmas themed goodies, I'd love to see them in the group pool.
1. all hanging!, 2. Crocheted flower ornament, 3. christmas ball, 4. hello pear, 5. Untitled, 6. Snowflake Crochet Pillow, 7. Christmas Star Stocking - Detail, 8. robin, 9. Felt Gingerbread Biscuits // Star group

Now, because Christmas is all about giving, I've put together a little freebie. It's just a small package, but contains some nice bits, including one of these:If you'd like to partake, please leave me a comment on this blog post by midday on Thursday 17th Dec, and I'll draw the recipient randomly. The freebie will only arrive before Christmas if you live in the UK though (although feel free to enter if you live outside of the UK).

12 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Monda!

Love your work! I'm definitely in for this freebie :) So cute!!

Chris said...

That robin is sooo cute - I love your birds
Chris x

Gina said...

I'm not at all organised either - presents still to buy, nothing wrapped, food to get, decorations to get out of the loft, cards to write. But I'm not stressing because Christmas will come and go whether I'm organised or not! Hope you feeling better.

Claire Hurd Design said...

Glad you are starting to feel better. I hope you have a lovely restful Christmas break.

Thanks for the chance to enter a festive giveaway - very exciting!

Loving you festive Flickr images.

Claire x

dottydesigns said...

Hi Monda, Happy Christmas, I am all behind too but I have the perfect excuse as I have had another operation on my foot and am in plaster up to my knee, so hobbling is my only option.! love your birdies they are soo cute. xx

Bebebunting said...

I'm in denial about all the things I need to do so a cute birdie might help drag me into Xmas activity. Will it fly all the way to Paris?

Pea Green Kitty said...

Merry Christmas!!!
Love your work! x

Cath W said...

I'm using my five minute break from Christmas Meltdown to leave you a comment. Love the Robin!
Now...back to the Panic.....

Unknown said...

I love that little bird! Too cute!!

I'm reaching the freaking out stage of Christmas where I know there's no way I can get everything done. Ah! Christmas cards probably won't make it out this year. Again. Third year in a row.

silverpebble said...

Ooh I met lusummers (top left decs) at a recent fair - she's lovely. I am now the proud owner of three of her lovely 'baubles'. Your Christmas birdies are lovely as ever Monda but Mr Robin is especially fabulous. My girls would love him! Would it be OK to be popped in the hat please?

knitterrific said...

We're doing an entirely handmade Christmas this year and I'm almost done! I'm quite proud of myself. The only thing not happening is Christmas cards. That cute little birdie would be the perfect reward for all my hardwork. Somehow, no one ever makes me anything.

Shelley Weeks said...

Hi Monda!!

Thanks for blogging my stocking - have since given this to my very new niece for Christmas - I think she liked it - or maybe it was wind??! :0)

Shelley
x
http://shelleyrodgers.blogspot.com/