Wednesday, May 20, 2009

paper bunting

I've been through my paper stash and picked out lots of papers I have never used, or been able to find a good use for - you know the ones included in the paper packs you bought because you liked 1 or 2 of the papers in them, and then you end up with another 12 which you are not that keen on. I've used them in this paper bunting - and amazingly they seem to have transformed into something a whole lot prettier:This was a very lazy bunting mind you, I just used a ball of string I found in the drawer and a roll of double sided sticky tape - very blue peter-esque. The bunting is for an indoor tea party and I think it does the job quite nicely.

In other news, the slugs have been having a party of their own in my greenhouse, and have demolished my cucumber plant. I am not defeated though - I have banished all slugs, bought copper tape for my grow bags and pots, and have planted some more cucumber seeds - fingers crossed that this will do the trick.

7 comments:

Saskia said...

Lovely garland, so unique and colourful!!

Greetings,
Saskia

Unknown said...

it's AWESOME!!!!

Gina said...

The garland looks fabulous! Good luck with the cucumbers. One year I planted out six relatively well established courgette plants to find them completely gone the next morning!

Ali said...

Bunting does have transformative super-powers doesn't it? So cheerful.

And I'm afraid the slug wars are being fought with nasty chemicals here.

Kate said...

I am a big bunting fan, this looks fab!

The Curious Cat said...

ooo i like! Where are you hanging it? just in the house? You should use it as an excuse to have a summer party!

Kalyn said...

Can someone tell me how to make this.... please!

:)