Thursday, January 03, 2008

new year is weird

I actually don't like this bit of limbo we're in right now. There's all the build up and hype before Christmas, then the big day, then it's downhill with a big bump and no one is sure if it's still christmas time but everyone still has decorations up and shops still play christmas songs. It feels weird.

It's fair to say that I haven't had that much Christmas spirit this time and this makes me feel a bit sad because I love christmas time. Perhaps it would help if it snowed. We were supposed to have some snow here today which I was really excited about - I'm a snow kind of person - I'd rather go to Iceland than to Hawaii on holiday, but alas no snow arrived.

Today I made this little guy - here he is posing by the sewing machine that was instrumental in his creation
He didn't quite turn out as I had planned but he has some nice elements and has given me a few ideas for some more things to try. He'll probably make it over to my etsy shop in a day or two.

I'm off into London tomorrow to spend some money! I was given quite a few vouchers and some money for Christmas. I have no idea what I'm going to buy but I'm sure I'll find something to take my fancy - as often turns out when you're not looking to buy anything special.

1 comment:

Locket Pocket said...

Love the new monster and understand how you feel about the time after Christmas but this year I feel much more positive than normal - probably because of blogland which is a bit weird really! Hope you feel brighter soon! Lucy x