Tuesday, August 23, 2011

little cupcakes and bizarre dreams

I really enjoyed drawing Mr & Mrs Cupcake for the plushie pattern I blogged about yesterday, so I've also created a cupcake pattern to go with it, featuring Mr & Mrs Cupcake and a few of their friends:


I seem to be dreaming a fair bit about design and illustration at the moment.
Last night I had a dream that I was in a charity shop/jumble sale and that I found what looked like an old betamax tape box with 'Mog the Forgetful Cat' on it. I knew it was useless as I don't own a betamax recorder, however I opened the box to find a chunky little book. The book was full of original Judith Kerr illustrations and concept work for the Mog books. I was over the moon with my find, and happy to pay £1.50 for it. What a shame this was just a dream - I would love something like this.
Bizarrely in the same dream, I also found a 1970's Action Man outfit, which hadn't been taken out of the original packaging. The reason that I wanted to buy it, (even though I don't own an Action Man!) was that it was a 'terrorist' outfit. This is bizarre - I can think of no good reason to own such a thing - other than that designers in the 70's would have thought that it was perfectly acceptable, so in my head it would be a cool and ironic piece of design history to own.
I dread to think what a dream analyst might make of all this. It's a good thing I don't know one to ask.

No comments: