Monday, March 29, 2010

easter egg bags

As a rule, I'm not a fan of acrylic felt. I bought some online a couple of years ago, thinking it was wool, and it's been sitting in a bag doing nothing ever since. The colours that you get with acrylic felt are quite vibrant, and I found the perfect use for some of this yesterday. 
I bought some little praline easter eggs for my nephews a few weeks back, but the packaging wasn't that exciting so I decided to make a couple of little bags for them, with a chick on the front, and their first name initial on the back.
 These were mostly hand stitched (whilst watching the finals of dancing on ice) - I just used the machine for the main seam.
 I know I'd like them more if they were made from wool felt, but my nephews won't care - in fact, I dare say that the chocolate inside will be the most exciting thing and the bags won't get a second look!

3 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Your nephews will LOVE them! They look fab! But I know what you mean about acrylic felt once you've played with wool felt!

As for your earlier post - I think it sounds like you've done exactly the right thing. Life is too short to be unhappy at work!

Lucy x

P.S. Rice pudding is in the oven as we speak!

Kitty said...

I agree with Lucy - your nephews will love them to bits. As you say, they won't mind what the felt is made of. Another example of wonderful Monda-ism. x

Mrs Moog said...

Lucky boys! I think acrylic felt can be just the job sometimes and your little egg bags are fab :o)


xxx