Friday, November 27, 2009

crazy sewing

I'm finishing my last few bits to take to Handm@de Oxford on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to it, despite all the frantic last minute stress of making.
I've really been a hive of production this last few weeks (nothing like a deadline to get you going is there) so if you do come along on Sunday, I'll be the one looking extra tired. I wonder if everyone at the fair has had a crazy last minute making frenzy? Perhaps we'll all be looking extra tired.

This week I've made some phone/ipod cosies. They were pretty popular last year. This year, they feature my freehand machine embroidered birds:My wares will also be sporting new cards - I had a moo delivery this week:I also received another delivery this week - all the way from Dallas. I'm going to make a Christmas garland out of these delicate crocheted snowflakes:I wish I had made them, but I just don't have the time to learn at the moment. If you want to be lazy like me, you can purchase them from etsy here.

Rightio, I'm back off to sew a few more Christmas decorations whilst Mr Monda is busy making the dinner - how nice.

7 comments:

Lina said...

Beautiful cosies Monda. I had ideas of making a Christmas garland with my thrifted doilies and some spray starch but these snowflakes are far more gorgeous.

rachelmp said...

What beautiful things!

Zoë Power said...

Wow - those iPhone covers are gorgeous - I especially love the pink ones. I'll be there tomorrow at 11am - hopefully in time to grab myself one of those beautiful covers :)

Zoë Power said...

Hurrah - I managed to get both those gorgeous pink iPhone covers today. They're fabulous :)

angharad handmade said...

Good luck with the fair! The ipod cosies are lovely.

The Curious Cat said...

Boy I love the phone covers - I can see why they are popular! And those snowflakes are lovely! Perhaps you shall learn to make them yourself one day...all in good time! I look forward to seeing the wreath and I hope the fair went well? xxx

Mrs Moog said...

I hope the fair went well Monda - your phone cozies are gorgeous!

xxx