Wednesday, April 01, 2009

finding inspiration in pink and green

Off the top of my head, I wouldn't have picked green and pink together - its only when you start looking around for inspiration that you realise they work very well together indeed. I must walk around with my eyes closed sometimes.
When seeking inspiration for my projects, I usually find an object, picture, photo, snippit of fabric, piece of clothing etc, and go from there. Then I raid my fabric stash and grab all the colours I am looking for, selecting and rejecting as I go along. This usually means I have lots of little piles of fabric on my desk ready for the project to begin. This is my latest fabric stash, inspired by the heart in the top pic

10 comments:

Unknown said...

and what will it be? Tell us, go on!!!!

Kitty said...

My daughter's favourite colours, so we have plenty of them in combination here. I think they work brilliantly together. Can't wiat to see what you do with that wonderful fabric. x

Emma Loves Stitching said...

OOOHH love the colour combination, and love love love the fabrics can't wait to see what your going to create!
Emma :)

kelly said...

i love pink & green together!

Kyoko said...

I never realised but green and pink combo is actually very nice. Inspiration searching is so fun, isn't it? Look forward to your new project!

Unknown said...

that is my favourite part of the whole process, pulling out the fabric combos and making lots of pretty co-ordinating piles waiting to be used... sometimes i can't move on my desk for these little piles!

syko kajsa said...

Love pink and green! I was crazy about that combo when my daughter was born (omg that 7 years ago this Summer)! I work like you when I create!

silverpebble said...

Rather deliciously Eastery and spring-like.

Love that chicken illustration in the last post.

x

Gina said...

Beautiful Colours!

Unknown said...

I love the pink and green together ,