Saturday, August 18, 2007

bargains galore!

I had to pop into town today, as I'm going to wedding tomorrow and need to get some last minute things like tights, mascara, accessories etc. The sales were still on so I had a look around in a few shops and ended up buying a few bits that were not on the list (always happens) but everything I bought was a bargain. First I bought a pair of spotty socks for £1 and a pair of long stripey gloves for £3, and thought I'd try to make a few new creations from my new book.Secondly, this lovely fabric is actually 3 tops from Dorothy Perkins. These are not for wearing though - I bought the biggest possible sizes to get the most amount of fabric so I'm going to cut them up and make them into something (not sure quite what yet but I have a few ideas), and the best part was that they only cost £8 - Bargain!
I'm really desperate for some time to start making things again - I have to make another stack of cards to take into work, people just keep buying them which is a good thing, I just wish I had a time turner (harry potter fans will know what this is) so I could double up the hours in the day. It's quite late in the day already but I'm feeling quite inspired so I'm off to the sewing machine now...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just thought I would say I love your blog and your adorable monsters. I just found you via Thirty Something Hobbies. Oh and yep - always time to paint those toe nails! :)

Monkee Maker said...

That's such a good idea! The one about buying tops for the fabric! I loathe and detest buying clothes but if it was just to cut them up for projects? Brilliant.

Looking forward to seeing the socks and gloves recycled too.

Denise Kiggan said...

I love that you do that! I am always looking at the clothes in our local charity shops to see what I could cut them up and make them into!