Wednesday, April 16, 2014

underwater

The MATS bootcamp assignment is taking a break for the month of April, but a few of the members have decided on an unofficial assignment for this month with the theme of underwater plants for dishwares.
We took a trip to The Deep recently and I took a few pictures of the plantlife and animals and used this as a jumping off point for my sketches
I'm endeavouring to learn more and try different techniques as far as my design work goes, so with this assignment I worked pretty quickly in pen and ink creating basic shapes and icons, then scanned my images and recoloured and rearranged to form a placement pattern:
Next up, I need to arrange my icons and patterns onto dishware - fun stuff.

2 comments:

Josie said...

Amazing, I just wish I could draw even half as well as you!

Mrs Moog said...

I've just had a lovely time catching up on your blog :)

Your little chick is adorable and I'm so glad you are enjoying your time as a full-time Mum. It really is the best job in the world.

xxx