Friday, September 10, 2010

inspiration (from scraps)

I've just finished a lovely custom order of some hanging birdies, which are mid flight on their way to their new home
These are destined for a Christmas tree. Yep that's right, some very organised people are already buying for Christmas.
Next thing on the ever expanding to do list - get myself and my shops organised for Christmas.

Various scraps remained after cutting up the birds. There were some very pretty colours, so I took a picture of them and then used the picture as colour palette inspiration for a design I'm working on at the moment:

 More felted jumper goodness is in the pipeline...

3 comments:

silverpebble said...

Ooh I love these colours - they remind me of Doulton pottery and Victorian tiles. Gorgeous.

Gina said...

Fabulous colours and design... and the little birds are very cute.

Edith said...

What a few scraps can bring: so much inspiration. Wow!
I really like the birds. I understand they are made of felted sweaters ? So colourful .... looking forwards to the next projects with this material! Keep up the good work. It inspires me and makes me wanna spend more and more time on creativeness.
Go-go-go Monda!!