Friday, May 02, 2008

last minute preparations

Today I've been doing last minute preparations for the May Day fair tomorrow. In many respects I'm glad it has finally come around because the pressure to get it all done has not been that enjoyable and I feel totally exhausted from spending every spare minute making. The lesson here is to make sure I leave myself plenty of time for preparation next time I do a craft stall.

Today was spent putting the finishing touches to everything. Attaching labels to everything, making a cover for the trestle table, packing the cards I had made yesterday into cello card bags, getting a change float together and taking Stevie to the vet.

On the subject of cards, this is one that I have gocco'd and machine stitched:
To answer Charlie P's question about making labels - this is how I did it:
  • Hand stamped monda logo onto 300gsm card sheets
  • Used a scalloped edge punch to punch out the stamped shapes
  • Used a hole punch on each for a small hole at top of label
  • Cut lengths of string/wool, knotted it and threaded it
  • Wrote short description and price on back
  • Attached to items with safety pin
Still left to do:
  • Making a sales inventory
  • Packing everything up all up into a suitcase
  • Tidying up my messy desk/fabric stash.
This is the state of our poor Stevie after her trip to the Vet today: She has to wear this cone until she has the stitches out - 10 days! It's already been driving her mad - she keeps running backwards and running into the walls - it's awful. I ended up feeding her tonight with a dish held up to her mouth tilted at an angle. We've just given in to guilt and taken the cone off for a spell, just to give her a break - and at least let her wash a bit - got to make sure she stays away from the stitches though.

6 comments:

Kitty said...

Just had to pop in to say a very big Good Luck! to you and your sister for your May Day Fair tomorrow. I hope you do really well.

Both your card and your label(s) are gorgeous.

Poor Stevie :-( Hope her stitches heal quickly.

x

pink-petal-designs said...

Good luck for tomorrow. Poor Stevie, our last cat we had done learnt how to get it of herself after a few days lol.
Sarah x

Lucykate Crafts... said...

good luck tomorrow, your labels look very professional, really nice touch!

poor little cat : (

Jodie said...

I hope it all goes well for you tomorrow and you sell lots and that people just love everything - I hope you take some photos of your stall.

Mrs Moog said...

Good luck with the sale girls!!! After all your hard work you deserve to sell loads :)

Poor Stevie :( I hope she gets over her op really quickly.

xxx

Locket Pocket said...

I'm here to say good luck but I know I am too late and it has already happened by now so I'm going to say good luck retrospectively and HOW DID IT GO???????

Poor little Stevie - hope she gets over it quickly.

Lucy x