Today was spent putting the finishing touches to everything. Attaching labels to everything, making a cover for the trestle table, packing the cards I had made yesterday into cello card bags, getting a change float together and taking Stevie to the vet.
On the subject of cards, this is one that I have gocco'd and machine stitched:
To answer Charlie P's question about making labels - this is how I did it:
- Hand stamped monda logo onto 300gsm card sheets
- Used a scalloped edge punch to punch out the stamped shapes
- Used a hole punch on each for a small hole at top of label
- Cut lengths of string/wool, knotted it and threaded it
- Wrote short description and price on back
- Attached to items with safety pin
- Making a sales inventory
- Packing everything up all up into a suitcase
- Tidying up my messy desk/fabric stash.