Wednesday, December 01, 2010

where I work

Life and work got in the way, you know how it is. I just realised that I never posted pictures of my new office/studio. This is where I spend my days:





It's still not perfect - there are things to hang on walls and some more storage options needed when I can brave a trip to ikea, but it's now a workable room and a guest room - the red sofa is a sofa bed.
It is important for me to have a space where I feel like I am going to work, even just into another room in the house. It also means that this room is now used every day. Previously it was just the spare/junk room, and was used only rarely.
I really like working right in front of the window. I get to see the world going, the seasons changing (those trees outside the window have no leaves on them at all now) by and the natural light is great, even in the winter months.

I'm still busying myself with lots of making. This week I've been working on small things -  phone/ipod cosies and some chunky bead bracelets:

4 comments:

Gina said...

I have the same storage system (Ikea?) but mine is not as tidy!

Unknown said...

Oh your space is so tidy and neat , great room.

Kitty said...

That's a wonderful room. I'm very envious. x

Hoola Tallulah said...

What a lovely room, really loving the curtains, they look vintage? Great room and so nice to be able to work in front of a window, and your shelves look so neat!