Saturday, December 13, 2008

wet wet wet

nope, not the band from the late 80's, early 90's, but the weather today - it has been rather wet, but with relatives visiting - we were going to stick to plan and go into London.
This pic has not been altered in any way - it was so grey - the red double decker buses were the only things that stood out on the horizon!The relatives wanted to do the things that as a (semi) local, you just wouldn't do on a Saturday before Christmas. We ventured into Covent Garden, Oxford street and Regent street - and as predicted they were all jam packed. We didn't do much shopping - just lots of walking. We also ventured down Carnaby street, as the decorations there are usually pretty good and this year was no exception - These are giant inflatable snowmen - really great. The last pic below the snowman is the lights on Regent Street.I had to by pass a couple of shops I really would have liked to go into, but today wasn't really about me - so these shops will have to wait for another day.
I will be popping back into London again just after Christmas to go to the Theatre darling! so hopefully both shops will be open and I can shop till my hearts content!

I'm off to read some blogs now - I have over 350 posts to read (gulp). The relatives have installed themselves on the sofa and are watching Dad's Army. I'd rather eat my own head than watch this, so I have 'Christmas with the Rat Pack' playing in my headphones as I type away. Very festive indeed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's been that dull and soggy up here in edinburgh too - but at least it's not as cold as it has been!

Those snowmen remind me of ghostbusters and the giant marshmallow man - where's your proton accellerator when you need it!?!?

emma
x

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

That gray looks really daunting, but the lights and snowmen are awesome! Sorry you couldn't go in those shops, but like you said, next time!

Mrs Moog said...

I love that snowman!!

I'm right there with you on Dad's Army! Moogsdad and my Dad love all that sort of stuff - ugh!

xxx